Duriyan

There are two types of people in this world. Those who crazily love Duriyan and those who utterly dislike it. As for me, I belong to the fans!

Since this is the season, my Father found one fruit and brought it home. Nadeera wanted to have a bite but milliseconds after moving a piece near her, she went into the un-believers’ side.! Now all that is left of the Duriyan fans in my family are my Father and me! Since we moved to a new home, its just me.

This sign is from Singapore where they’ve banned Duriyan in a certain area. Looks like there are a lot of haters than lovers!

Duriyan is rich in Carbohydrates, Vitamin C and Potassium! Potassium is good for me since I’m a haven for muscle cramps!

My friend Sankha has a few trees at his place and despite the notorious price it’d give him if he sold them, he brings us a few each season. (Thanks man!) This time I booked not one, but two fruits.

But my Father is away in an office trip so I have to run this show alone!

One of the two was ripe. So as soon as I got home, I started the frenzy!

This is the parted fruit. [click to enlarge images]

The second one doesn’t look ripe. But the tell tail cracks are there to indicate that it is! Wonder whether it was caused when I took it home by car!

 

No matter what, I’m having the second one tomorrow. Who knows? it might get rotten ;)

Posted in Labels: , , |

3 comments:

  1. Anusha Says:

    I don't think I've ever tried them.

  2. Tharaka Devinda Says:

    you should! They rock!

  3. GayanNR Says:

    I fall into the latter >_<
    hate 'em