The monitor strikes…again!!!

I’ve had a heap of problems with the CRT display (HP 5502) I’ve been using the past 3 years. At first, it’s resolution. The problem arose in all three Operating systems XP, Vista and Win 7. I’ve fixed the issue with different approaches in the past. Tweaking the Drivers, Keeping the monitor off while booting and best of all, using incompatible forceware.!!!

And then came the problem of the hourglass! The display made an hourglass shape when it was turned on every time. Something wrong with the H-sync IC's I suppose.! But I solved it the stone age way! Bashing the casing! it was later found out that if I place something to counter the weight on the rear side, the issue would dissapear!

Well, its been there now and then but the hourglass is somewhat solved. But all of a sudden, the monitor turned off while watching “Band of Brothers” (Wonder whether this is made in Germany)

I turned off and all the options LEDs started blinking. Indicating some failure in it’s system. So the error was detected by the internal system of the monitor. Otherwise it would not do that! Anyway, I turned it on and off a few times and in one or two occasions, a blue only and red only display appeared.

Which points to the ICs again! But after a few hours, it turned on again! I reverted to the max display of the monitor which is 1024x768.! (That sucks!)

I tried to go to the tweaked res, but the error came again.! So for now, I’m going to stick to the manufacturer's specifications. I’ll have to buy a new display soon, but that will be after torturing this one to give out its best.

First stop will be a service place. I know a person who does these kinda stuff, I’ll have to take this to him! Wonder if I’ll be able to finish the BIT report with this!

Posted in Labels: , , , |

2 comments:

  1. Anusha Says:

    Seriously dude! Buy a new monitor already. Or better...buy my monitor for around 10k. i need a new monitor..a big screen one but i don't know what to do with the existing one and that is what is delaying me. i'd be happy if mine burns out! lol

  2. chamithadealwis Says:

    Seems Anusha wants to sell you his monitor... Bargain and get it cheap or ahu wenna epa... :)