Removing the phone…

My phone had some issues with the Earphone. A lot of people complained after taking calls off it, that the earphone volume was so low. Even after getting used to, I felt it too in noisy surroundings. After seeing what the phone shop guy did to the old NOKIA 6630, I decided to remove the phone myself rather than pay money to stupid guys who know nothing. (A guy at Liberty plaza took the 6630 to ‘replace’ the charging unit and what he has done was scratch the contacts to the phone from the charging jack!)

 

DSC01680

My toolset

 

Since I had the right tools to do it, I decided to go ahead. Watched a demo from youtube featuring a chinese guy removing a K750i. The phones are similar and I took off.

The hard part was to remove the clip-in parts/ I didn’t have the tool to remove them. The original tool has a flat plastic part which you can put in between the parts and take the things apart. For this, I used an old SIM card. It did the trick!

The bad news was that I had to go up to the final point of removal to get to the earpiece speaker. That means removing the Display and the keypad base. Both of which had ribbon connectors to them. And I also had to remove the mainboard which also had a ribbon connector from the camera coming to it.!!

DSC00064 The Display and the key base. Although they’re on top of each other they are two different parts.

 

DSC00063 The phone before taking off the Main-Board. The Ribbon coming from the Camera is visible in Silver color.

 

DSC00068The board and the casing Notice the ribbon from the camera, which is on the casing. 

 

DSC00069

The button which connects to the camera key. This button has 2 stages focus and shoot. Observe the LED on the right side of it, which lights up the button when the camera is turned on.

Phew.! After a lot of effort I was able to remove the mainboard and I cleaned the contacts to the earpiece.

infoThis is the back of the mainboard where you find the contacts to the earpiece. 

 

Observe the buttons for power on top, Play/Pause on the lower side and Volume Up/Down on the top side of the picture.

After cleaning everything, the hard part was to put it together. (as always :D)

The ribbons are the hardest to re-connect. They are in the most hard-to-reach areas in the board. The removal is easy coz you just have to pull it out. But fixing is hard. Luckily Nadeera was around so I asked her to hold the flashlight of her phone till I fix the ribbon of the Key Base and the Display.!

After all things were in place, I tested the volume. I think its gotten a little better. But not to the amount I expected it to go. What the heck! I removed a phone and put it back together and it works. That’s all the fun I’d need!!!

Posted in Labels: , , , , |

1 comments:

  1. Chamitha Says:

    well.. don't worry.. it'll stop working soon... :P