My Car getting a bath and a fix-up

I had to get the car to the service station for a good bath. Another reason that I went to that place is that it also has a garage. The place belongs to a friend of my Dad's and I needed to fix the gear lever's problem that made it rocking in every position I keep it.

Last weekend when me and Nadeera went for a ride to see an exhibition, I was hardly able to change the gear too. The clutch won't disengage the gearbox from the engine. It just refused to let me put the gear to the 2nd. I had to use both my hands and push the gear into position a few times (I'm darn glad dad had that old 504 to train me with driving...this feels like a toy) I also had to attend a homecoming that night so I HAD to fix it.

So I asked Nadeera to assist me after we came home (with a reasonable pain in my left shoulder pulling that gear)
I put my head inside the engine area while she pushed the clutch and I realized that the cable adjustment could fix it. I had to try about 5 times to get it right. So the Clutch now disengaged the gearbox from the engine. But, the rocking gear lever problem was still there.

I was able to see the damage done by the lady who owned the car when we lifted it up at the service station. The Bushes and joints that kept the gear in place were all worn out. All that was left was some rubber pieces.





So I bought the equipment from a shop and the guy there installed it. Now the gear is still. Peace to the mind and the shoulders.!!


Blogged with the Flock Browser

Posted in Labels: , , |

1 comments:

  1. Chamitha Says:

    similar thing happened to our car.. we had to replace two shocks, bushs, break pads etc... after we bought it... the best thing is to collect some money and then buy a brand new something one day.. one day.. we will... (recession.. GO AWAY...)