From one cat to another

After my bootup problem with the Tiger OS X distribution, I got a copy of the Leopard distribution.
Spent all my time on friday night trying to install Leopard. To my annoyance, a cable belonging to my ISP, SLT was broken. So I gave it up after installing it 3 times. The system got booted unlike the Tiger version. But the OS did not work.

After I got some more info today, I tried the installation without selecting any of the driver packages. And viola, the system booted up and started working. All I have to do now is to make a grub like bootloader that will enable me to select the bootup into Vista or OS-X.

To all the OS-X troubled people reading this, this is the config I have;
Running OS: Apple OS-X 10.5.1 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel Pentium Dualcore E2140 1.6GHz clocked to 1.71GHz
Motherboard: Foxconn 45cm-s
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 1GB x 2 (667MHz) [But apple says 333MHz, so what!)
HDD: Maxtor 40GB
N/W interface: Realtek 10/100 onboard LAN controller.

I ran the Kalyway's installation (Thanks to him/her whoever they are)
Make sure you go to customize and deselect all the drivers. Just select the bootloader as MBR. Thats all. That was my turning point.!

Posted in Labels: , , , |

2 comments:

  1. Chamitha Says:

    so do u feel tht u can live with a MAC?? Me.. NO WAY.. :D

  2. Tharaka Devinda Says:

    I cant live solely with it. I have Vista as the main OS.
    I still have to fix the audio issue. There's no sound :S :(