Let’s Start Blogging

Well, since this is my first organized post, I'd start by introducing myself.

I'm Tharaka and I live in Sri Lanka. A small island in the Indian ocean. Many of you might have heard about it since it has a history that dates back to kings ruled the country before 10,000 years.

I am currently in the process of graduation. I am a final (4th) year student of the University of Moratuwa and am following a degree of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering. The final phase that I am supposed to do is the project and I and three other people including Anusha (visit anusha's blog) are in the process of finishing the project. Its a railway safety system that we are making to avoid accidents happening in railway crossings. I'll post the updates of the project here when I get a chance.

In my family I am the only child and both my parents are still doing their jobs. My mother works at an insurance company while my father is a government officer. Well I also happen to have a girlfriend that is somewhat in my field too. But she is a civil engineering student and is still studying in a Technical institute called the Institute of Engineering Technology.

Currently I am also on the lookout for a job for myself after the graduation. Well, there are quite a number of opportunities that I applied for and well, I'm waiting for those guys to respond. J

The Sinhala and Hindu new year is only a day ahead and I can now hear my mom cooking the sweets (can't smell them yet, otherwise I won't be typing here :D) We celebrate the new year now because our country is an agricultural one and this is the period where the crop comes out after the harvesting. Coupled with the fact that our ancestors had a thorough knowledge on astronomy, we observe the position of the sun that moves from one constellation to another. The exact time that happens is the exact time we celebrate. All the country does it at Once.

Well that's enough for now, I'll be posting a lot in the future if I get the time.

Posted in |

0 comments: